Prepare your wallets! Tickets for New York Comic Con are going on sale Wednesday, May 13th! You can buy your pass to the biggest pop culture convention on the East Coast online at the New York Comic Con website, on-site at Special Edition: NYC 2015 on Pier 94 June 6-7 and an event at Midtown Comics later this summer. The con will be held October 8-11th, but you’ll also have a chance to go to some amazing events during the annual New York Super Week that leads up to NYCC.
Super Week includes events for comic books, music, gaming, film, television, and more! Retailers, bars, restaurants and attractions all over the city will be hosting events to celebrate. To get into the events you just need a New York Super Week Card. You can get a free card with your 4-day pass or buy it as an add-on for any other pass for $10.
NYCC announced a few of the exciting events that will be happening during Super week:
- Doctor Who Symphonic Spectacular, for the first time in the United States, at the Barclays Center
- The Thrilling Adventure Hour presents: CLINK! Beyond Belief Live at The Bell House (sold out)
- After Party with BBQ Films at Terminal 5 (secret revealed in May)
- Karaoke with the Broadway Stars at the Hard Rock Café
- Stuff You Missed in History Class’s first ever live podcast
- A Shipwreck Fan Fiction Competition
- Writing for TV and Film Workshop led by writers, producers and executives from some of today’s biggest genre dramas and sitcoms
“Last year’s inaugural New York Super Week set the stage for some amazing events for year two and led to record-breaking attendance at New York Comic Con,” said Lance Fensterman, Global Senior Vice President of ReedPOP. “This year will up the ante as we infiltrate all corners of the Big Apple with the most exciting line up of fan-favorite pop culture experiences yet.”
I go to NYCC every year and it is a fantastic time even if a bit crowded. I love the fact that the con has inspired so many geeky events. Come NYCC and Super Week I am going to be sooooo tired, but it will be so worth it.